Rich and intensely chocolatey, easy cocoa brownies recipe that is perfectly chewy on the outside and fudgy on the inside, spiked with juicy raspberry flavor.
I always jump for joy whenever I manage to develop a recipe that reduces the time needed for clean-up and the overall time spent with the making and baking part of the process, so I can relish the actual eating part. Easy and quick baking recipes are my favorite in particular. I just love the idea of not having that mountain of dirty dishes to tackle after baking something. But so many quick recipes turn out disappointing in the flavor and texture department – what’s the point of making something quickly when the resulting taste is just average and boring, right?
Well, this is definitely not one of those recipes that turn out just meh, I can guarantee that much. I had been trying to perfect an easy recipe for cocoa brownies without compromising with the texture and flavor at all, and finally I hit the bull’s-eye with this perfectly fudgy and easy cocoa brownies recipe that gives extra juicy and moist results due to adding raspberries in the mix.
I wanted to use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make little brownie hearts, so I used a slightly larger pan to bake these in, about 9 x 11 inches, so that the brownies would be a little thinner and easier to handle.
One bowl (+ the dish you melt the butter in) is all you will need to clean after you make these rich, simple brownies, and this is a very quick dessert recipe as well. If you are a nut aficionado, you can easily add a handful of your favorite variety in the batter.
But for me, the union of the dark chocolate flavor and the sharply sweet, juicy raspberries was a match made in heaven and I wouldn’t change a thing. Try out this easy cocoa brownies recipe the next time you crave something sweet and chocolatey – you won’t be sorry!
Easy Raspberry Cocoa Brownies Recipe
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 sticks butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- Set the oven to 325 F. Line a baking dish with two strips of parchment paper.
- Measure sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl, mix to combine. Melt butter and add to bowl, mix well to combine.
- Add vanilla and the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between. Finally add the flour and mix until the texture is even. Pour batter into the baking dish.
- Distribute frozen raspberries on top of the batter evenly, gently pressing them into the batter.
- Bake on the lowest rack for 30-35 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out moist with some crumbs, not completely clean.
- Leave to cool completely in the dish. When cooled, lift up by grabbing the parchment paper strips and carefully flip upside down on a working surface, so that the raspberries are on the bottom. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares or use a cookie cutter of choice.
4 thoughts on “Easy Raspberry Cocoa Brownies Recipe”
Love how easy these are! They would make great gifts for Valentine’s Day!
Thank you Jen for the lovely comment, they do look a bit Valentine-ish! Have a good day now!
These look amazing! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks so much Sara, I’m happy you like them! xo