This recipe for fast peanut butter banana muffins is an effortless and super-tasty sweet treat to make when that sweet tooth is aching. Also a hit with the kiddos.
Want an easy, fast sweet baking recipe that does not have white sugar and can even be made with and for kids? Well, look no further as these fast peanut butter banana muffins are quick and hassle-free to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen already.
This is a picky-kid-approved recipe and they usually love mashing the bananas, which is a perfect jobs for them since you don’t have to be technical and precise. Even some clumps are just fine. And the fact that there is no white sugar used makes them a bit healthier in my mind at least.
The peanut butter flavor is strong here but not overpowering, and the bananas make the muffins all moist and delicious. Just make sure you use ripe bananas – brown spots on the skin are required for that sweet fruity taste.
You can also add your favorite muffin ingredients in the batter to change things up or add more flavor; chocolate chips work especially well here.
Fast Peanut Butter Banana Muffins recipe
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of salt
1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 cup milk
2 ripe bananas
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F and place paper cups in a 12-slot muffin tin. Mash the bananas with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix the flours, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk peanut butter, oil, eggs, milk and the mashed bananas together until smooth.
- Pour the content of the banana bowl into the flour bowl and gently mix just until you have a somewhat even consistency and you no longer see flour stripes in the batter.
- Use a spoon to divide the batter into 12 large muffin cups or more if your tin has smaller slots. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.