Howdy honeys! The ultimate pumpkin carrot cupcake recipe is what have for you today. Just imagine the most gorgeous carrot cake with some pumpkin and cranberries thrown in for extra flavor, baked into cute cupcakes and topped off with pumpkin cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are just that, with the bonus of making your home smell divine and very autumnal indeed.
Pumpkin, carrots and cranberries are the tasty trio that makes these cupcakes so tasty and perfect for getting in the fall mood. The grated carrots with the pumpkin puree make the cupcakes really really moist and the cranberries add some wonderful texture and little pops of berry flavor.
This is really quite a simple recipe, and yet it gives you that supreme satisfaction with every bite. Just goes to show that a dessert recipe doesn’t have to be complicated and full of fancy ingredients to be incredibly tasty. This has become my go-to choice for easy pumpkin cupcake recipe, and you can easily customize the spices to your liking. I promise, you will be glad you made these. Now go and get smashing that pumpkin (or, you know, just use the canned variety).
Pumpkin Carrot Cupcake Recipe
For the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup grated carrots half fine, half coarse
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries roughly chopped
For the frosting
- 8 ounces (1 pack) cream cheese room temperature
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tin with paper cups.
- Grate the carrots, half of the amount with the coarse side and half with the fine side of the grater.
- Finely chop the cranberries, putting aside a small amount for sprinkling on top of frosting if desired.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk together the sugars, oil, pumpkin puree, yogurt and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined.
- Lightly stir in grated carrots and cranberries, taking care not to over-mix. Spoon the batter into the cups, leaving a bit of room for expansion in the oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.
- To make the frosting: mix cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer in a bowl until completely combined and clump-free. Add pumpkin puree and mix to combine. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until the texture is completely smooth. If you prefer a thicker frosting, gradually add more powdered sugar until you reach desired texture. Make sure the cupcakes have cooled completely before frosting them. Sprinkle the tops with finely chopped cranberries.
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Carrot Cupcake Recipe”
The recipe doesn’t say how many carrots to use. Could you please clarify? Thanks! These look delicious.
THANK YOU for noticing this! I went and left out one of the most important ingredients of the recipe! I will make sure to triple check all my ingredients from now on. I just updated the recipe and the correct amount is 1 cup grated carrots, so that would be approximately 2-3 medium carrots. Thanks again for notifying me, have a great weekend!