Easy ways to make mornings easier and get you out the door with less fuss, hurry and running around. 5 simple steps to a more zen sunrise!
Make mornings easier with these 5 simple steps:
- Pick out your outfit for the next day. This seems so obvious but it truly is a great time-saver. When you remove all the stress of deciding what to wear, what accessories to use, finding the right shoes and making sure everything you need for the outfit is actually clean, you have just eliminated a major stress-causing and time-consuming element from your morning routine. Take a couple of minutes each evening to assemble the next day’s outfit and you can jump right into a well thought-out ensemble straight from your bed.
- Use shortcuts in getting your hair and makeup done. Take a quick shower but don’t wash your hair. Instead, use a good-quality dry shampoo that will absorb excess oil from the roots and give that second-day hair some needed volume and body. This way you will save the time you would normally spend on shampooing and conditioning, towel-drying, blowdrying and curling/straightening your hair. With a dry shampoo, all you need is a generous spray or two, then brush it out and go. With makeup, use products that do double or triple duty: tints and gels that work on lips and cheeks and shimmery textures that will look good on the eyelids as well.
- Dedicate 5 minutes to doing something that will make you feel good. Once you have dressed and done your hair and makeup, take a 5-minute break to wind down for a second and do something that is guaranteed to put you in a good mood. Read a favorite magazine, catch up on social media, do a quick mindfulness exercise or just stare out the window with your coffee and breathe. Five minutes will not slow your schedule down but it is enough to gather up some positive vibes that will set the tone for the day, instead of bulldozing through the morning routine like a robot.
- Play some chill/energizing/meditative music. Make several playlists just for mornings in Spotify, one for each mood you usually have in the morning. Having music in the background can have a surprisingly strong effect on your mood as it changes the atmosphere of the room so easily. If you tend to stress out, try playing some peaceful, positive tracks that have a calming sound and tempo. Having a great playlist full of upbeat, happy and empowering songs is almost an unbeatable trick for those mornings when the motivation to go to work is not exactly overflowing.
- Plan ahead to have yummy breakfast options available. Nothing turns a morning sour faster than realizing you are out of coffee or some other absolutely critical element of your breakfast, especially after that element is the sole reason that gave you the motivation to drag your butt out of bed. Having to eat your roommate’s stale cereal or getting a sugar and additive overload from some ancient Pop-Tarts or other similar excuses for a breakfast is a quick way to dampen the mood of a new day. Make sure you plan for breakfast items every time you hit the grocery store, so you never have to deal with the break of day without your grub of choice. Making it a priority to keep your kitchen well-stocked will give you mornings that feed not only your body, but your soul as well.
I hope you found a couple of new ideas for tackling those early mornings. Visit the comments to leave your own tips for how to make mornings easier!